B.S. in Political Science and Public Administration - Global Issues and Social Justice
Offered By: Walden University
The Global Issues and Social Justice concentration focuses on how major social and economic trends impact the daily lives of individuals in communities around the world with a special emphasis on social justice. You will study the people and groups who are working on the front lines of social problems while you examine the communication, administrative, and cultural skills that are necessary to promote social justice.
Throughout this program, you will:
- Explore such matters as environmental justice, economic disparity, the promotion of diversity, and the role of women in the new global community.
- Study how international organizations promote social justice.
- Examine the organizations, strategies, and techniques that have been most successful in responding to such global challenges as natural disasters, HIV/AIDS, hunger, and healthcare.
- Be exposed to ways to apply effective cross-cultural communication skills to academic, personal, and professional settings.
- Consider your role in global health promotion, protection, and maintenance.
Take the opportunity to gain crucial 21st-century skills and transform your passion for politics, public service, and societal change into a rewarding career. This program will help empower you to navigate successfully among government, private, and nonprofit sectors. You can gain a deep understanding of political theory, as well as the tools and skills necessary to identify issues and effect positive change in your organization and your community. Your degree can also build a foundation for graduate study, including law.