B.S. in Political Science and Public Administration - Public Service Through Civic Engagement
Offered By: Walden University
In the Public Service through Civic Engagement concentration, you will explore the keys to developing meaningful activism through grassroots and intercultural communication and organization. Take the opportunity to become a catalyst for positive change at the local, national, and international levels. Study the latest proven strategies for recruiting and organizing a team of qualified volunteers.
Throughout this program, you will:
- Explore how positive social change takes place at the community level.
- Examine the major obstacles to positive social change efforts and the key features of effective strategies.
- Identify and apply the skills that individuals and groups need to produce positive social change.
- Study how to use popular social networking techniques and other modern communications as catalysts for social change.
- Develop a cross-cultural communication strategy targeting current social issues.
- Study how successful leaders recruit and retain volunteers.
Take the opportunity to gain crucial 21st-century skills and transform your passion for politics, public service, and societal change into a rewarding career. This program will help empower you to navigate successfully among government, private, and nonprofit sectors. You can gain a deep understanding of political theory, as well as the tools and skills necessary to identify issues and effect positive change in your organization and your community. Your degree can also build a foundation for graduate study, including law.