M.S. in Psychology - Leadership Development and Coaching
Offered By: Walden University
As one of psychology's emerging fields, a specialization in Leadership Development and Coaching will expose you to the psychological principles and theories of leadership development so you can better understand your own capacity for leadership. This program will allow you to build the high-level skills to manage organizational leadership issues and create your own models of leadership coaching as you broaden your opportunities in such areas as industrial-organizational psychology and human resource management.
Upon completion of this program, you should:
- Understand and apply psychological concepts and principles to contemporary/ global issues
- Understand the psychology of leadership and apply it to leadership development
- Apply principles of statistics and research design to the conceptualization, analysis, and evaluation of psychological research
- Apply ethics and multicultural understanding and competence to the process and practice of coaching and leadership development
- Use interviewing and observation skills in the development of leaders
- Apply coaching and leadership development concepts, principles, and strategies
Walden's M.S. in Psychology degrees prepare you to successfully pursue exciting new opportunities in a variety of areas including community agencies, healthcare settings, and educational or social services systems. While offering a large range of specializations, each individual program provides a solid education in the development and application of psychological theories and basic scientific methods. These skills will allow you to develop current skills, seek job advancement or being doctoral-level studies.