M.S. in Psychology - Social Psychology
Offered By: Walden University
With a Master's degree in Social Psychology from Walden University, you will gain a broad understanding of the impact of social factors and situational variables that influence human development and social interaction/behavior. This program will drive you to integrate knowledge about individual, group, and organizational processes as you study a range of social topics. Additionally, you will apply principles and theories, conduct research, and manage data in a variety of settings.
Upon completion of this program, you should:
- Understand and apply psychological concepts and principles to contemporary/global issues and social change
- Demonstrate critical thinking through analysis and evaluation of psychological theories and research
- Employ multicultural, cross-cultural, and global perspectives in understanding psychological theory, research, and practice
- Analyze the impact of social and cultural factors/conditions on human behavior
- Apply principles of statistics and research design to the conceptualization, analysis, and evaluation of psychological research
Walden's M.S. in Psychology degrees prepare you to successfully pursue exciting new opportunities in a variety of areas including community agencies, healthcare settings, and educational or social services systems. While offering a large range of specializations, each individual program provides a solid education in the development and application of psychological theories and basic scientific methods. These skills will allow you to develop current skills, seek job advancement or being doctoral-level studies.